Arthur and Lindee Lucas Endowed Scholarship in Entrepreneurship
*Arthur and Lindee Lucas Endowed Scholarship in Entrepreneurship *
The Arthur and Lindee Lucas Endowed Scholarship in Entrepreneurship is open to undergraduate students who are majoring in a program within the School of Business and Public Affairs at the College of Coastal Georgia and have completes 60 or more credit hours toward their program of study or achieved an Associate of Science degree. Mr. Lucas is a successful business man who founded the Lucas Group in 1970. Originally from McIntosh County, Georgia, Mr. Lucas returned to his roots in Southeast Georgia and is now a resident of Sea Island spending most of his free time on the Georgia Coast. Upon his re-location, Mr. Lucas began a new business entitled Lucas Properties with a focus on commercial investment and real estate oriented ventures inclusive of office spaces.
Broadly speaking, The Arthur and Lindee Lucas Scholarship in Entrepreneurship seeks to attract residents of Glynn or McIntosh Counties who are rising business talents. Scholarship funds may be used to offset the costs of tuition, fees, living expenses, etc. during the planned period of upper division college enrollment at the College of Coastal Georgia. The scholarship is awarded upon acceptance and enrollment into the Bachelor of Business Administration program. One award may be granted annually to the selected student.
Criteria include the following:
• Have completed 60 or more credit hours toward their program of study or achieved an Associates of Science degree
• Major in a program within the School of Business and Public Affairs
• Have completed a business course that has a focus on entrepreneurship (e.g., BUSA 2106, MGMT 4100, MGMT 3100, etc.)
• Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Demonstrate financial need as determined by the results of a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Be a resident of Glynn or McIntosh County